You know how you feel every time you go to your Grandma’s house? She makes entirely too much food and requires you to “EAT UP!”, but you don’t mind because it’s all so delicious. Most of us know exactly what this scenario feels like. Now picture it in a restaurant. This is the exact experience you will have at Carmine’s of New York City. If you love Italian, love variety, and live for large portion sizes, they are the restaurant for you! In addition to great food, the camaraderie is awesome! If you begin to sing or clap in celebration of something within your group, don’t be surprised if all of the tables around you join in. It is truly heartfelt and amazing. Now let’s dive into the eats!
There are tons of great options to start your meal off, but my suggestions are:
- Carmine’s Salad- This is one of the best appetizer salads I’ve ever had! The dressing is rich, yet slightly tangy, which perfectly balances with the tomatoes, red onions, olives, cheese, and ham.
- Garlic Bread- I mean, who doesn’t love bread?! I’m pretty sure it’s a rule somewhere to always….ALWAYS…have bread at an Italian restaurant. It has to be!
- Fried Zucchini- Although you may have ordered this dish at other restaurants, I guarantee it is not the same as Carmine’s. They are thinly cut like shoestring fries and seasoned perfectly. Use the lemon on the side to take the flavor to another level.
There is literally something for everyone here. My items of choice are:
- Pasta Lovers – Penne Alla Vodka- You really can’t go wrong with this one, especially if you are dining with kids. It’s simple, but it is oh so good!
- Seafood Lovers– Salmon Oreganata- The crust on the salmon is crazy!! It also sits on a bed of a delicious sauce. And again, don’t forget to squeeze the lemon over top.
- Chicken Lovers– Chicken Scaloppine w/ Lemon & Butter – The pairing of these three together with the slight bit of spinach is out of this world! This is also simple, but so flavorful!
- Vegetarians- Carmine’s didn’t forget about you all! My absolute top pick is the Eggplant Parmigiana. I can’t even tell you how many layers of thinly sliced eggplant are in there! And the melted, fresh mozzarella on top…. O.M.G!
And lastly, if you have any room left:
How could you pass on this? Even if you don’t have a sweet tooth, please try these options:
- Strawberry Shortcake – If for nothing else, order it just to take a picture because, as you can see, the presentation is beautiful! And the taste is yummy and not too sweet- which is perfect for me!
- Italian Cheesecake – Another rule… you must get cheesecake while in New York City. Don’t ask me where this rule is, but it’s there! This is a classic version that’s sure to please your belly.
If you are not in the New York area, no worries! They also have locations in Atlantic City, NJ, Washington D.C., Las Vegas, NV, and even Atlantis, Bahamas!! We won’t judge if you plan a trip to one of these locations just for the Carmine’s experience 😉
Final suggestion before dining at this amazing restaurant: Come hungry. You are guaranteed to a button- popping meal!
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave comments on your Carmine’s experiences below!